Animal Story is run and managed by partners Martyn and Dawn.
For the past fourteen years Martyn has been presenting animal related talks to thousands of school pupils up and down the country. Not only are schools covered but nurseries, nursing homes, out of school groups, clubs, birthday parties, libraries, museums, corporate events, fetes, science events, colleges and universities.
The team at Animal Story an have extensive knowledge in caring for a large number of species and at present house over forty species of animals. All our animals receive the highest level of care and are housed as close to their natural habitat as we can mimic.
We believe that an animal´s welfare should be considered in terms of ´five freedoms´.
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behavior - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal´s own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.